Thursday, June 9, 2011

Done and done.

Well, it's official- I am done with my third year of college! The stove has been scrubbed and cleaned, the living room vacuumed and dusted, sink cleaned, drawers emptied, boxes packed, sheets and towels laundered, suitcases zipped, keys turned over, paperwork signed, and ta-da I am no longer a resident of 34 W. Cremona and am on my way home for the summer! I've been counting down to this day for two months (okay, let's be real, I've been practically counting down since September) and now that it's here, why do I have mixed feelings? I felt so sad saying goodbye to some of my wonderful roommates. I will miss saying goodnight to my "Francis" every night, laughing about random things like thinking there is a raccoon in the oven, and staying up way later than planned because we're talking about weddings, grad schools, boys, friends, papers, and more. I have been truly blessed this year and can't wait to be back next year.

But now that I am sitting in the airport waiting for my delayed flight I can not be more happy to be going home. I just want to sleep in my own bed, wander around in shorts and a tank top without wearing shoes, eat yummy food, watch tv, read lots and lots of books, lay by the pool, and just relax! The next week and a half will be busy since my little baby brother is GRADUATING from high school, but after that I know things will calm down and the real relaxing will begin. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful home, family, and friends, to return to. I know that is not really normal to want to go home so much, but I've never been normal ;)

Only God knows what this summer really has in store for my life. My prayer is that I would be open to the things he has for me and take advantage of every opportunity he presents.

Summer To-Dos
  • beach
  • Disneyland
  • movies
  • READ
  • get tan
  • exercise
  • spend more time outside (when weather allows)
  • find time daily to study God's word
  • intentional time with family & friends
  • San Diego Zoo
  • be involved at church
  • SLEEP!
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken...One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard: "Power belongs to you, God, and with you, Lord, is unfailing love"; and "You reward everyone according to what they have done."
Psalm 62:1-2,11-12
California here I come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment