Monday, July 29, 2013

selfless happiness

"The belief that unhappiness is selfless and happiness is selfish is misguided. It's more selfless to act happy. It takes energy, generosity, and discipline to be unfailingly lighthearted, yet everyone takes the happy person for granted. No one is careful of his feelings or tries to keep his spirits high. He seems self-sufficient; he becomes a cushion for others. And because happiness seems unforced, that person usually gets no credit. I know a fortunate few people -- such as my father -- who seem naturally sunny-tempered. Now I wonder how effortless this really is." [The Happiness Project p.217]


Ultimately, from where does someone's happiness stem?
 

"For you, O Lord, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy." Psalm 92:4

No comments:

Post a Comment