Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Blessed.

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever! And there are so many things I want to say, but it all boils down to one statement: I am blessed. There are so many things in my life that are blessing me right now I don't even know where to begin.
I am blessed by my church and all the people there. I truly am part of a family and I absolutely love that feeling. I love knowing I will be at church at least twice a week, maybe more, and get to see so many awesome people in my life.

I am blessed by my roommates. All of us have come from different past roommate situations and we have all had different struggles, but this year just feels so right. We are all totally on the same page in so many different areas, it makes living together such a blessing. We were even talking about it last night and how we love coming home and doing things together. I love them all.

I am blessed by school. Even though getting up at 8am is not exactly my favorite thing in the whole world, I am so glad to go to class once I am awake. In my "Gender in the Global Context" class I am learning things about women all over the world who struggle and overcome all odds to gain freedom from so many different areas. It is inspiring to know what is going on outside of my little bubble here at SPU and in the United States. I am thankful for my Theology Capstone class where we spend 2 hours each week talking about our gifts, struggles, goals, trials, and everything else in between. It has become something I always look forward to.

I am blessed by the Falconettes (a women's service group on campus). We had our retreat this past weekend and it was so great getting to know more ladies who have a heart for serving their community. I am blessed by the times we spend together each week and the friendships I already see developing.

I am blessed by my family at home who supports me no matter what. I am blessed by the relationships that have started developing with family members I have never really known before. And I am so excited to go home for Thanksgiving to a house full of people.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like the shifting shadows." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment