Monday, November 7, 2011

Things to be thankful for.

November has arrived! This is definitely my favorite month of the whole year for many reasons.
    Pinned Image
  • It really starts to feel like fall and I can wear cute coats and scarves
  • Holiday drinks and red cups at Starbucks!
  • Stores are starting to decorate for Christmas
  • Shopping early to get the perfect presents for loved ones
  • Less school: Veteran's Day & Thanksgiving holidays
  • Going home for Thanksgiving
  • Celebrating many birthdays (including my own!)
Christmas is by far my favorite holiday. I don't think I would ever tire of listening to Christmas music or having special decorations up. Christmas scented candles. Special foods. Twinkly lights everywhere. Love for friends, family, and enemies alike. Sharing presents with loved ones. Wearing tacky sweaters and also dressing up for parties and church. I get in "trouble" for starting these things too early- I have been told Christmas can't come until after Thanksgiving, but who came up with that rule? I love everything about Christmas and don't see why we can share that love a little early each year :)

In October I started keeping track of one thing I was thankful for each day and am continuing to do it in November. At the end of the day how often do we look back and think of all the little things we can be thankful for. It doesn't have to be a life changing event, just something that we were blessed by.

Here is my thankful November list so far:
1. crisp winter weather
2. meetings with caring professors
3. Falconettes and red cups
4. love and hugs from kids in jammies
5. reading and rocking little boys to sleep
6. that extra hour to sleep
7. scheduled break days from classes

As the month continues the list will grow. Thank you Jesus for the blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment