Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Home.

Home, home, home! I am home for Thanksgiving and have so many things to be thankful for. First of all, I'm thankful I get to be home, because the last two years I was not. (holidays just aren't the same away from home). I'm thankful for the warm weather and sunshine- I'm wearing flip flops today! I'm thankful for the fridge full of food and the yummy smells coming from the kitchen. I'm thankful to be going out to celebrate my birthday tonight with my parents. I'm thankful to have family here tomorrow (even if it's not the original plan, it's still family). I'm thankful that I have friends who are just as excited to see me as I am to see them, even after we've been apart an extended amount of time. I'm thankful for Thanksgivings of the past and the memories that come with them. We always miss loved ones more around the holidays, and this one will be no different. Grandma & Grandpa, we wish you were here.
2008- the last time I was home for Thanksgiving, and the last time they came to visit us in California

There are at least a dozen pictures similar to this over the years. I miss playing cards with them.

My sweet Grandpa.

Someday we'll celebrate together again, but until then we miss you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment