Sunday, September 9, 2012

Blessed by Seattle.

Driving around Seattle lately I have taken more time to look at my surroundings and recognize that I live in a beautiful place. The water, the city, the trees- it all works together in a way that just makes me happy. I'm going on my fifth year in Seattle and I'm really starting to appreciate it for what it really is. The first few years I was trapped on campus, but now I'm actually exploring a bit more and I love finding new beautiful places, tasty restaurants, and fun things to do. I know Seattle may not be my home forever, but right now it truly is a wonderful place to call home.

Today was overcast and the weather is really starting to feel like fall! I've realized that I look forward to every season for different reasons. When summer is almost here I'm excited for flip flops and sunshine. When winter has come I'm excited to bundle up and watch Christmas movies (and sometimes even snow!) Every season has different ups and different downs, but each one is a blessing in my life as I focus on all the things I like with the change. After a few months I'm ready for new things, new clothes, new food (new drinks at Starbucks...hehe). Summer is coming to a close and I'm so excited for fall and all the wonderful things that come with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment