Monday, March 25, 2013

Cuddles and Easter time

Monday nap times are the best because the kiddos are all worn out from the weekend and from not taking naps for their parents at home. We're required to provide a two hour rest period, but there is usually at least one or two children who don't ever fall asleep. My co-teachers and I try and use nap time to prepare lessons, clean toys, and get things done around the classroom. But today was a little different. All the kiddos were sleeping so we definitely could have gotten things done, but I felt like we were in a good place for the week. As I sat and watched the children sleep I felt like a proud parent filled with love. Some of the kids were rolling around a lot like they were having trouble, a few were coughing, and one little boy kept making frustrated faces like he was having a crazy dream. It was all that I could do to not pick them up and just hold them while they slept! One little girl did wake up and came crawling into my lap for a few cuddles and ended up going back to sleep. Probably one of my favorite moments of today. Post-nap cuddles are the best.

I really do love my kids at work like they were my own. After all, I spend 30 or more hours a week with them! Today we had chapel and afterwards one my boys kept telling me, "Jesus rode on a donkey. Jesus rode on a donkey because it is Easter time and Jesus is here!" It was so sweet. We did a stained glass window (tissue paper) art project and I decorated the classroom windows with flowers and eggs. Tomorrow we're doing a sensory table with Easter grass, eggs, bugs, animals, and whatever else we can find to throw in there. Easter has definitely arrived in the Orange Giraffe class! 


No comments:

Post a Comment