Sunday, March 17, 2013

A Joyful Vacation

This past week I was blessed with the opportunity to take a trip back east and visit many people who are near and dear to my heart.


I started my trip in Boston with my bestie for life, Kayla. I can't believe we met so long ago and have continued to be such good friends no matter where life takes us. We could go months without seeing each other or even talking and when we're together again it's like no time has passed at all. She is a huge blessing in my life and I'm so sad there is a whole country between us, but I know we will always be there for each other.



From Boston, I traveled to Connecticut where I got to meet my sweet baby "niece" and spend the day with some family I don't see very often. Growing up we would travel back to New York/Connecticut at least 2 or 3 times a year to visit my grandparents and dad's side of the family. I remember loving these trips and now wish that we weren't so far apart. It's fun to hear stories of my grandparents or things that happened when my aunts and uncles were growing up. There's just something about getting together with family that makes my heart happy.


I ended my quick trip with a stop in Philadelphia where I spent the day with the Gupta family. This sweet family encourages me so much and I'm so thankful for their continued friendship even though we're far away now. The Guptas are always in my prayers, being on the move and with little Libby going through chemo. I wish I was closer to help babysit and get good advice (on just about everything) from Amy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment