Sunday, February 24, 2013

Lemon Bars

Tonight is one of my favorite nights on TV- Oscar's night! I'm so excited to watch. I wanted to make something different for a sweet treat and found a variety of easy recipes for lemon bars on pinterest. Some used lemon curd, some lemon creme pie filling, some added water, but I just stuck with two basic ingredients: angel food cake mix and a can of lemon pie filling. That's right, easiest dessert ever!
Ta-da! Once it's cool you can sprinkle with powdered sugar and then cut into squares.
I've never used angel food cake mix before, but it is very powdery! As I was mixing the dry ingredients were flying everywhere. When I was done my kitchen looked like I was installing drywall. Again though, let me reiterate how easy this sweet treat is. Once the TWO ingredients are combined, pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for about 25 minutes at 350, until it browns around the edges and pulls away from the side of the pan.
Don't be expecting traditional lemon bars, since there is no crust or cream cheese or anything else you may find in a bakery lemon bar. But they are very light and delicious! Almost like a lemon sponge cake, lighter than pound cake but heavier than angel food cake. I am going to have to share them otherwise I will eat every single one... Look out NQACC, the break room will have some yummy treats tomorrow.

And for dinner, currently in the oven....Cheesy Chicken Tator Tot Casserole. Thanks to The Country Cook. Can't wait to try this tator tot creation and watch the Academy Awards!

No comments:

Post a Comment