Saturday, April 13, 2013

Cookies and a Cabinet Mount

So I saw this recipe on Facebook (not Pinterest, shocking right?) and thought I would give it a try (and, of course, alter it a bit). They were advertised as cookies, but I don't know if I would necessarily call them that. Maybe more like granola bar bites? I think they would be good for breakfast with a cup of coffee, but maybe not for dessert...
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
3 mashed bananas
1/3 c. applesauce
1/4 c. almond milk
2 c. oats
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/4 c. cranberries
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
Combine all ingredients and scoop onto a cookie sheet. Use your fingers to press the cookies down, otherwise they will just bake as a ball and won't flatten out. Bake for about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees until they look like this:
Only 57 calories per cookie. Not bad!

On another note, I finally got a kitchen cabinet mount for my iPad! It was in the clearance bin at Target for $20 so I bought it and I'm so excited to use it while I cook. I had it up today and it was incredibly helpful. It can be adjusted to different size tablets, so anyone who uses their tablet for recipes or music or anything in the kitchen...buy one!!

2 comments:

  1. That tablet mount is SO cool! I might have to get one of those for me!!!

    ReplyDelete