Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Things I love about Sunday:

  • My ritual of listening to worship music on Pandora while I get ready in the morning
  • The sound of an excited "Hi Miss Emily!"
  • Catching up with people after a busy week
  • Singing with the kids
  • Chatting with a puppet about Jesus and things we can learn from Him
  • Problem solving when something doesn't run smoothly
  • Sitting in the back of the church foyer chatting with a mom and their baby who doesn't want to be in the nursery (or quietly sit through the service)
  • Seeing happy kids leaving KidTown, excited to come back again
  • Taking naps on the couch

Things I love about THIS Sunday:

  • The comfort of gray skies and rain that is still coming down, making the earth a lovely shade of green
  • New curriculum to teach the K-3 kids
  • Lunch with my brother at Orrapin on Queen Anne
  • Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies
  • Laying on the couch and reading my newest book, Just a Minute by Wess Stafford
Praising the Lord for all that is good and right on this Sabbath day.


"I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.' Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body will also rest secure." 
Psalm 16:2,9

1 comment:

  1. Just browsing your blog and LOVED reading this one... so blessed by YOU! :)
    HUGS! (Hope my report after tomorrow is much the same!)

    ReplyDelete