Sunday, May 12, 2013

A melted skyline

Last summer I decided to make some melted crayon art for my office at the daycare. Well, I no longer have an office, but the art is hanging up in my classroom now. One of my moms noticed it a few weeks ago and suggested that I make more to sell at the upcoming school auction and carnival. I suggested it to my director and she wanted to know if I could somehow make it go with the Seattle theme...so I set out to make a Seattle skyline...using melted crayons!
All my supplies: canvas (16x20), crayons, glue gun, hair dryer, tape, and a picture of the skyline.
It took a while, but I finally got a taped off version of a Seattle skyline.
For more specific directions on how I melted the crayons, you can check out my previous blog post here. This time it took about 45 minutes to melt the crayons and get all the area covered, but I think it was worth it! (the wax did melt through the tape in a few places, but I fixed that problem with a bit of white paint)

Drum roll please.......

Ta-da! What do you think? Anyone have a suggestion on how much we should sell it for?

1 comment: