Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back to Work

Well, Spring Break is over and it is back to the busy schedule that is my life. Don't get me wrong, I love to be busy and have a routine and know what I am doing every day (and week), but it is always nice to have a break with no schedule or anything that HAS to get done. I spent the past week and a half at home and really enjoyed every moment (even though it never warmed up like I wanted it to ha).

I have already finished up my classes for the day and I will say that I love being done by 12:30. Yes, I have to get up early, but if that's my biggest complaint for the day then I think I'm doing alright. Of course, I already have homework that needs to get started, work just called and asked if I could stay late, and then I have church tonight. You could say that Wednesdays are my busy days. :) But I'm thankful for all of it: the ability to attend classes, the chance to learn something new, an opportunity to use my new computer (!!), legs to walk on to get myself to class, a nice coat to keep me dry and warm in the rain, a job that pays me to do something I love, a chance to help out with the children at my church, and eventually a warm shower and bed to come home to at the end of it all. Since I have been reading One Thousand Gifts I have really thought more and more about the chances I have to be thankful, and I'm thinking of starting my own list of things that I can be thankful for.

Today I am thankful for life- new, old, and eternal.

"Let everything that has breath praise the LORD." Psalm 150:6

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your first day of the quarter went well :)

    I'm thankful for life too!

    ReplyDelete