Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


It is no surprise to anyone who knows me that I love holidays. Whether there is a deeper significance to the holiday (like Easter or Christmas) or if it is just a silly day to dress up and be festive, I love them all! My roommate always accuses me of being festive (she says it like its a bad thing?!) I just call her the Grinch :)
St. Patrick's Day is such a fun holiday for no other reason than getting to wear green and eating green food and sending people cards and wearing socks with shamrocks on them. I know right know that I am going to be one of those mom's who makes special shaped/colored food for her kids on each holiday, and I can't wait :)
 
Naturally green food, like kiwis...

apples and pears...

and, my personal favorite, green beans :)
Or artificially green food, like chips & cheese,

Green cupcakes,
and shamrock cookies 
 
and Green Mac & Cheese? I don't know about this one...
I hope everyone is able to enjoy something green today in celebration of St. Patrick's Day!

1 comment:

  1. and your kids will love you for it! :) my mom used to put green food coloring in our milk, that was always a surprise when we poured it on cereal!

    ReplyDelete