Monday, March 7, 2011

Known

Last night I went on a music shopping spree on Amazon. Once my brother informed me you could buy music from Amazon and it would load directly into iTunes AND it was cheaper, well, let's just say I probably spent more than I should have on new music! One of my new favorites is Audrey Assad's album "The House You're Building." She has a beautiful voice and sings such peaceful Christian music, I don't know how anyone wouldn't like her. I recommend her to anyone who likes Brooke Fraser, Kari Jobe, Tenth Avenue North, Francesca Battistelli, Leeland, or just wants some good music to listen to! Can I say it again? She is BEAUTIFUL! So far, one of my favorite songs she sings is called "Known."
I have been listening to this song for the past few hours, thinking about how God KNOWS me. No matter what I do, he knows my past, my present, my future. He knows what I am worried about, what my dreams are, and who I want to become. No one else can even come close to knowing me the way that God does. This relationship needs to be above all others, because no one can know me in the same way. My prayer is that I may grow and know God in the same way that he knows me.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts." Psalm 139:23

1 comment:

  1. such a good song! I'll have to listen to her other songs.

    ReplyDelete