Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday Morning Thoughts

I love to bake and cook, but don't find myself doing very much of it at school. "There's not enough time" "I'll have to buy the ingredients" "What do I do with the leftovers?" Clearly, coming up with excuses is pretty easy. However, I have decided to be more purposeful with my cooking and not always take the easy way out. Mac & Cheese anyone? :)
Last night I had a friend over for dinner and made chicken pot pie (I called my mom to get her yummy recipe) and mashed potatoes. Yes, it took a little bit of time. Yes, I had to buy all the ingredients. Yes, I have leftovers. BUT it was so good! And so fun to make and share a meal with a good friend. Since I also bought some french bread for dinner, I decided that this morning I would make French Toast. What a lovely way to start off a Saturday morning. French Toast with peanut butter, honey, and bananas :) (and a just little cup of coffee, because those of you who know me know that if I drink more than 1/2 cup of caffeinated coffee I will be bouncing off the walls!)

Today's verse of the day comes from Matthew 5:14-16

"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven."

How do I let my light shine before others? What things can I do today (and everyday) that give light to the world around me? How can I use this opportunity to be a blessing to the people I come into contact with every day? Only when I allow God to use me as HIS light will I be able to accomplish anything worthwhile. It is my prayer to be a person who lets my light shine before others, glorifying God in all that I do.

Happy Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment