Monday, September 5, 2011

Humility.

In all sorts of different ways, I think that we can all use our own dose of humility every now and then. This afternoon I was reading a handful of passages leading me to see that humility is really what I [we] need in order to grow closer to God. If I am so set in myself, thinking that I am always right and know exactly what is going on- how in the world can I become truly intimate with my Lord and Savior? When Moses came into the presence of God he was told to take off his sandals because he was standing on Holy Ground. Just like Moses had to take his sandals off, we are required to take our pride off and stand humbly before our God.

It is an interesting idea when so many things in today's culture and society revolve around getting rewarded. Most people won't do something until they know what they are going to "get" out of it. Whether that is help someone move or go see a friend perform in a play. It's all what can I get from this, not how can I serve those around me and glorify God in all I do.

My prayer is that I would be someone who falls into that second category. This year I want to be someone who can give all the glory to God and not be disappointed when I don't get recognized here on earth, because I know my recognition will come later. and it will be better. MUCH better. :)

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

"He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way." Psalm 25:9

No comments:

Post a Comment