Friday, September 9, 2011

A New Beginning

1,280 miles and 3 days later: I am in Seattle! I feel like a broken record saying this, but I can't believe it is already September and I am starting a new year. My great friend Chelsea drove up with me because she was already in Riverside visiting her boyfriend. It was so nice to have a co-pilot who was totally relaxed about everything. She was a great DJ and completely understanding when I wasn't feeling well! Yeah, that was fun while trying to drive. I got a flu shot about a week ago and at first I thought that affected me poorly, but then when it didn't go away I think that I may have gotten a little bit of food poisoning or something :/ Thankfully I am feeling better now but I'm still a little hesitant to eat a big meal.

Regardless of how I was feeling, today was my first day as the OFFICIAL Children's Ministry Intern at FFMC. I loved every minute of it! I made copies, got the Preschool carts/cubbies all set up, prepared my curriculum for Sunday, cleaned up classrooms, made bulletin boards, got games ready, sorted through toys, and more. I know I am going to love this job. I love being a part of the "behind the scenes" anything and when I get to do that at church it is such a blessing. Knowing and being a part of all the preparations that go into taking care of a church gives me such joy. I am a little nervous about Sunday because of this new role I have stepped into but I know that God has the situation in control. The services have been switched and are now both in the sanctuary, giving the kids time to play and run in the gym. Coordinating how that will work has been a challenge for everyone, but we're hoping it will work. (If not, we'll come up with something else!)

It was such a blessing being back on the FFMC campus today because that is also where the daycare is that I work at. Even though I was a distraction to many children who should have been paying attention to something else it made my heart smile that they remembered me. One of my favorite little guys saw me through the doorway and yelled, "HI EMILY!" And then turned to the kid next to him and said, "Hey, that's Emily" (Something he does EVERY time he sees me and it cracks me up. He reminds his dad on a regular basis that my name is Emily haha). It was also great to see the teachers and staff. They all wanted to know how my summer was and which class I would be working in. Some of them even started fighting over having me in their class ha! It was such a blessing to be welcomed back with open arms and smiling faces- and I'm not even officially back at work yet! NQACC is one of my favorite places to be and I am so excited to be a teacher there again this year.

It is amazing how God provides so perfectly. We don't always pay attention to when he is providing, but he still remains the same. Sometimes it doesn't become clear until later when we look back and can say, "So that's why that was happening." Either way I am thankful for each and every provision. HE has provided me with a place to live before school starts. HE has provided a wonderful church body for me to be a part of and help serve with. HE has provided a school where I can earn a well-rounded education. HE has provided me with a job I love so much. HE has provided me with roommates for the upcoming year who I love and am excited to live with. HE has provided for me a family who gives me love unconditionally and always supports me. HE has provided me with so much, and I am so grateful for every single thing.

This Sunday marks the start of a new beginning for me in Children's Ministry. Praying that it would be a great day and that this year would help me to decide the direction my future is going in.

No comments:

Post a Comment