Thursday, September 22, 2011

Who I am.

So here I am, at Panera once again. I'm actually really liking my time here- it might become a regular thing during the school year :) I cannot believe that school is actually starting on Monday! I have been so preoccupied with church and the idea of moving, I haven't even been able to think about the school part of my Seattle life. I am already not looking forward to that overwhelming feeling I get when I look at all of my syllabi. Everything always gets done, but that first day really just overwhelms me every time. Once I get my room put together and my desk set up I will be able to think about going to class and finding classrooms and setting up notebooks. I'm such a nerd, new notebooks are always my favorite :)
My life lately has been filled with children and I love it! I am so blessed by them and the things they do and say. I babysat for one family a couple days ago and they have three boys (very fun, but very busy and very dirty haha). The oldest boy (age 6) informed that he looooooves cooking and will be a chef when he grows up. He is going to have a noodle restaurant downtown. And he wanted me to be sure to come so he gave me directions: go downtown and turn left and it'll be right there.
Perfect.

I love the simplicity in the mind of a child. They make up their mind with something they want and they tell everyone about it. Why do we have such a difficult time with that? Adults go back and forth and back and forth and still are confused about what they should do. [My dad always says that adults ask little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they (the adults) are still looking for ideas for themselves too] I have been praying God would lead me in a clear direction for my future and right now I am positive that I am right where I should be. It's not always easy, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. Just like that little boy is so confident of who he wants to be, I should be so confident of who I already am. I am a daughter and servant of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment