Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Time.

Two weeks from today I will be somewhere along I-5 heading north toward Seattle. I can't believe how fast this summer has gone by, but looking back, I also know that I have been able to do so much. I have gone to Disneyland and the beach, spent time with my best friends and family, tanned by the pool, read a handful of books, gathered new items for my apartment at school, and more. Whenever we get to the end of a particular "season" I look back and think, "Wow, where did the time go?!" and then looking forward I think of how many days until the next something and how incredibly far away that seems. Its funny how time works. It always sort of blows my mind that so much happening in my little individual world is nothing compared to what is happening in our country or in our world, or even with what God's greater plans are. 2 Peter 3:8 tells us that, "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." Trying to think about that hurts my head. We are not made to comprehend such things, and yet God has given us these words to try and wrap our heads around.

I will be starting my 4th (and final) year of college in a few weeks and someday I will look back on my time in college as just a blink of memories in my life. When my freshman year started, just a few years back, I thought I was never going to be able to make it to Thanksgiving, let alone finish at what seems like a lightning speed. Time is funny like that. Its like God slows things down when he is trying to teach us something. Or maybe he speeds things up to get our attention. Maybe thinking about the past and counting down to the future are all ways in which we can draw our attention back to God. We can be grateful and feel blessed for the experiences we have gone through in the past, and we can look forward and prepare for what lies ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment